Friday, January 29, 2010

Goodbye, January...Come on, February...

Wow. January is almost over? Where did it go? Have I been so consumed with my new plans that I missed the month?

I think that 2010 is my year. I just have a feeling. Don’t know fully what that means yet. I have some ideas and plans. I’m not trying to be secretive, but I’m still working on the details. I have goals that I want for the year, but also for my life. Last year was a year of new beginnings. I got married, moved into a new house, quit my job, and just had to take a break for a while. I discovered a deeper love of cooking. I’ve always enjoyed baking or cooking, but I really developed a passion for it. I don’t just stare at a recipe and then try to make it like the picture. I’ve learned to try new things and not to just look for the “easy” or “quick” recipes. I have taken the time to spend hours in the kitchen for dinner. It’s the best tired feeling! I am revived and renewed. I am ready to go full steam ahead.

I’m seeing life through new lenses…literally. I purchased new glasses this month. I’ve been wearing glasses since I was four so it wasn’t a new concept. Having the right prescription was a new concept though. I saw things that I hadn’t noticed before which was a blessing and a curse. I noticed the dirt in the corners of my kitchen. I spent several hours with a vacuum and all the attachments. I have also been able to see small road signs, fine print on medicine bottles, and scores on the television. Again, all things that I haven’t noticed in a while.

I’ve decided that before I turn thirty that I want to write a novel. I’ve already started one. I’m one of those crazy people that start writing and get consumed with it. I write until my hands can’t type anymore. I go back later, read it, and then spend the rest of my time completely deleting everything I typed!! Its crazy, I know. I’ve been told. I just feel that what I write says something about me. This would be my first shot at a novel and I want it to be perfect. I’ve wanted this since I was probably 12 years old. Why haven’t I done it? Is it fear? Is it time? Is it boredom? These are questions that even I don’t know the answers. I’ve just decided that each year that ticks by is another year that I did not do it. Yes, I’ve set my goal for thirty years old, but what if I did it earlier? What if thirty looms closer and I push it back? I had first said that I would do it by the end of college. Well, I graduated college almost three years ago. I didn’t make that goal. I’ve decided that I am not setting myself up for failure. I have a little over three years to complete my goal. I only have myself to blame and is that where the fear comes in?

January has been a fast and happy month! Our family welcomed the arrival of Marshall and Amanda’s sweet baby girl, Hartley Caroline Moore, on January 27, 2010. She is healthy and weighed 6 pounds and 10 oz. This is their first baby and the entire family is extremely excited to meet her. I think we are going to have to rent a facility for family reunions now. My dad having four sisters is what makes this a big family. It makes me want to have kids (in the future, not tomorrow) like Brothers & Sisters without all the drama!

I received the autograph of my favorite baseball player of all time! Javier Lopez!! My dog is even named after him.



I’m getting ready to celebrate my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY next week. I can’t even believe that we made it a year….haha. just kidding. I can’t even believe that it has been a year. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world. I know that everyone says that, but its true. He is caring and thoughtful. He puts my needs above his own. He goes out of his way to make sure that I am happy and taken care of all the time. He has a calm personality and I never have to guess where he stands on things. I am so blessed beyond what I deserve with him. We are taking a trip for our anniversary. I can’t wait!


Goodbye, January….Come on, February…


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what happens this year. It will be a fun year I'm sure. Glad to see you're not neglecting your blog anymore!

    ReplyDelete